How to Embed a Video in PowerPoint?
April 29, 2023. 6 min read
PowerPoint presentations are a staple of the modern workplace and education system. They allow us to communicate complex ideas in an engaging and visually appealing way. One of the most effective ways to enhance a PowerPoint presentation is to include a video. Whether it’s a clip from a TED Talk or a product demonstration, videos can help reinforce your message and make your presentation more memorable. In this article, we’ll explore that how to embed a video in PowerPoint?
Why Are Videos Important in Your Presentation?
Videos are more than just a nice animated element you can easily add to any project. They also effectively drive engagement and bring traffic to a website, paid advertisement, or even a simple presentation. They are a powerful marketing tool and an excellent facilitator for multiple processes.
Embedded videos have several roles, such as:
- Introductory: They can provide an overview of the presentation or project and help viewers get a broad understanding.
- Educational: They can inform viewers about new updates, show tutorials, explain how a particular process works, etc.
- Entertaining: They can add a distracting, soothing element and create a sense of pleasure.
- Relaxing: They can lower the cognitive load and help ease the presentation’s piles of text and figures.
- Engaging: Embedded videos instantly grab users’ attention and appeal to viewers of all ages and backgrounds.
You can make a video more attractive and less dull by inserting a video into a PowerPoint slideshow. Moreover, videos can also give breaks for both viewers and presenters. Viewers get a chance to relax and ease their minds before the following informational block, while presenters can quickly prepare an intro for the next slide and use a quick pause.
As you can see, several reasons exist to add a video to PowerPoint. So, why not try it immediately if you have a project to liven up? Here’s a comprehensive step-by-step guide that includes two different ways to embed a video into your presentation and give it the necessary movement and smooth flow you’ve been looking for.
How to embed a video in PowerPoint? Step by Step
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to embed a video in PowerPoint. As promised, we’ll explore two different methods:
- Adding a video from a file
- Adding a video from a link
Both approaches are incredibly simple, so you shouldn’t have any trouble. Let’s start by adding a video from a file!
Embedding video in PowerPoint from a File
To add a video from your computer to PowerPoint, follow these steps:
- Choose the slide where you want to insert the video.
- Go to the “Insert” tab and click on “Video.”
- Select “Movie Browser” from the dropdown menu.
- Choose a video from your computer and click “Insert.”
While this is a fast and reliable method, adding a video from your computer can increase your file size. If you want to keep your file size smaller, consider linking to a video from your computer. However, one drawback of this method is that if you move the video file to a new location, your PowerPoint links won’t work.
If you prefer to link to a video from your computer, the first two steps are the same, but then:
- In the dropdown menu, click on “Movie from File.”
- Find the video you want to add and click “Insert.”
It wasn’t too difficult, But what if you want to embed a YouTube video in PowerPoint? Let’s explore the options!
Insert Video into Powerpoint from a Link
This tutorial teaches you how to embed a YouTube video in Powerpoint. But not just any YouTube video.
To do this without downloading the video, follow these simple steps:
- First, locate the video you want to add.
- Next, copy the video’s URL.
- Go back to Powerpoint and navigate to the slide where you want to add the video.
- Click the Insert tab and select the arrow next to the Video icon.
- From the dropdown menu, select Online Video.
- Paste the link and click Insert.
- Click the Play button to ensure that the video has been added correctly.
And that’s it! You can now resize your videos, refine your slides, and deliver a top-notch presentation.
Embedded videos are a powerful tool that can serve various purposes for both presenters and viewers. They are a creative, informative, and engaging way to take your presentation to the next level and generate interest in your product or service.
However, more than adding an inserted video alone is required to make a presentation exceptional. You will also need to work on refining the content, adding a personal touch to each slide, and selecting the most appropriate video to create a PowerPoint masterpiece.
Do you want to create your animation? Feel free to contact us!
At WagiGo, we produce high-quality explainer videos on number of subjects. Our videos are more than just informative and insightful and assist companies in conveying their key message to customers and raising awareness about their brands and products.
We’d be delighted to assist you if you’re interested in scheduling a call or requesting a video for your project! Simply visit our website and complete the contact form. We’ll contact you as soon as possible and determine how we can support your business.
Incorporating videos in your Powerpoint presentation can elevate its quality, making it more engaging and captivating for your audience. It is especially useful when introducing a new product or highlighting its features. Therefore, it is recommended that you utilize this feature whenever possible to enhance your presentation. If you’re interested in creating exceptional presentations that capture and maintain your audience’s attention, WagiGo Studio can assist you. Contact us today to collaborate on creating a visually stunning presentation.